The Week In Transportation
Selected transportation measures compiled by BTS during the COVID-19
- Daily Travel and Staying Home
- Commercial Aviation
- Freight and Border Activity
- Transit Ridership
- Notes and Sources
- People Staying Home, Traveling, Trips by Distance: These data are experimental and may not meet all of our quality standards. Experimental data products are created using new data sources or methodologies that benefit data users in the absence of other relevant products. We are seeking feedback from data users and stakeholders on the quality and usefulness of these new products. Experimental data products that meet our quality standards and demonstrate sufficient user demand may enter regular production if resources permit.
The baseline for these measures is the same day of the same week last year. A trip is considered a movement that includes at least 1 stay of longer than 10 minutes at an anonymized location away from home. High and Low Points consider dates thus far in calendar year 2020. For more information, and to download the data or access the API, please visit our Daily Travel page.
- Commercial Flights: The baseline is the same week last year. The low point of 7,062 flights operated occurred on 4/25/2020.
- People Screened at Airports: The baseline is the same week last year. The low point of 88,000 passengers screened occurred on 4/14/2020.