Real Average Weekly Earnings up 4.7 Percent From November 2019 to November 2020

Real average hourly earnings increased 3.2% from November 2019 to November 2020. The change in real average hourly earnings combined with an increase of 1.5% in the average workweek resulted in a 4.7% increase in real average weekly earnings over this period.

From November 2019 to November 2020, real average hourly earnings increased 3.2% for production and nonsupervisory employees. The change in real average hourly earnings combined with a 2.1% increase in the average workweek resulted in a 5.3% increase in real average weekly earnings over this period. The 2.1% rise in the average workweek for production and nonsupervisory employees marked the greatest 12-month advance since February 1984.