The National Trailer Dealers Association (NTDA) announced on Oct. 2 it has selected eight recipients of scholarships for deserving students. A record 45 students applied for the scholarship this year.
“Providing scholarships to the children of NTDA member employees is one of the most rewarding tasks the NTDA Board and staff undertakes each year,” NTDA President Gwendolyn Brown said. “We review every applicant closely and award scholarships based on a combination of merit, service, and need.”
She added, “I want to personally thank our underwriters and all NTDA members who contributed to our scholarship program.”
The scholarships were underwritten by Michelin North America, WABCO, HAVCO Wood Products LLC, East Manufacturing Corp., Pressure Systems International, Inc., Transglobal Door, by the golf fundraiser held during last year’s Convention, and individual donations — all of which totaled $22,500, a program record.
Anthony DiGiorlamo was selected to receive a $5,000 scholarship. Anthony’s father Joseph DiGiorlamo works for NTDA Dealer Member American Trailer and Storage.
The following seven students were selected to receive $2,500 scholarships:
- Haley Risinger (mother Tammy Risinger works for NTDA Allied Member Innovative Access Solutions).
- Olivia Campbell (mother Denise Campbell works for NTDA Allied Member Wabash National).
- Kaitlyn Patterson (mother Cindy Patterson works for NTDA Dealer Member Transport Trailer Sales).
- Kristen Chavis (mother Hope Chavis works for NTDA Dealer Member CRTS, Inc.).
- Kortney Chornomitz (father Darnell Chornomitz works for NTDA Allied Member Doepker Industries, Ltd.).
- Jalynn Kidwell (mother Monica Kidwell works for NTDA Allied Member Aero Industries).
- Courtney Van (mother Cuong Van works for NTDA Allied Member Maxon Lift Corp.).
Since 1998, 52 students have been awarded a total of $170,000 in scholarships by the NTDA.
Scholarship recipients must be a child (or legal ward) of an individual currently employed by an NTDA member. Details about applying for next year’s scholarships will be posted on www.ntda.org in April 2020.
About the NTDA
Established in 1990, the National Trailer Dealers Association (NTDA) represents nearly 1,000 companies that sell, manufacture, lease, and repair semi-trailers and trailer parts and accessories throughout North America. Affiliated industry service providers also belong to the Association. The NTDA provides Federal Excise Tax information through a hotline manned by tax specialists; education; and valuable member programs and services. The NTDA produces an annual convention and exhibition that features new product introductions, world-class educational programs, networking opportunities, and a golf tournament that benefits the NTDA Scholarship Program. The Association maintains its administrative headquarters in Brighton, MI.