From the breathtaking alpine playground to the endless options of the Village, Whistler’s diverse offering of rugged West Coast beauty, passionate community and unrivalled selection of refined experiences mean that here, no two experiences are alike. Check out the following information provided by Tourism Whistler. (Note, most Canadian Providences are on a three-week lockdown until May 25. Be sure to check back for more up-to-date information as we get closer to the Convention in the fall.)
Just an 8-minute walk or a free shuttle bus ride from the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, Whistler Village is the beating heart of a social community where locals bring their up-for-anything attitude to every shop, restaurant and gathering place – its energy is palpable. True to its bold and cultured character, Whistler’s offering of experiences lets you indulge all of the senses. From the cultural to the culinary, the educational to the entertaining, its boutique shops, museums, restaurants, galleries, events and festivals deliver countless options.
Arts & Culture
Audain Art Museum – Whistler’s newest cultural hot spot. Located by the Village, the iconic building houses a permanent collection of artworks from British Columbia as well as rotating exhibitions from leading museums around the world.
Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre (SLCC) – Designed to evoke the form of a Squamish Longhouse and Lil’wat Istken (earthen dwelling), the SLCC embodies the spirit of partnership between two unique Nations who wish to preserve, grow, and share their traditional cultures.
- Stunning 360-degree views of Whistler Village, mountain peaks, lakes, glaciers and forests.
- Reserve to dine on the rooftop of the world with views of the ski slopes and towering peaks.
- Ride the special glass-bottom gondola for a bird’s-eye view of the forest.
- A car-free, paved trail and boardwalk network connecting Whistler’s neighborhoods, lakes, viewpoints and picnic spots.
- Explore more than 45 km of trail by walking, running, cycling, skating or rollerblading.
- Get out of the car and see Whistler from a new perspective with the whole family, dog included.
- Open year-round with sections maintained in winter for walking, cross country skiing and fat biking.
Whistler Village is at the foot of Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains, each boasting alpine hiking trails with incredible views, easily accessible by gondola. Choose from short, family-friendly strolls on wide paths to more advanced hikes to lakes, glaciers and alpine meadows. Keep your eyes open for chipmunks and marmots, and make sure you have a camera handy for capturing the rugged mountain vistas. You can access the hiking trails via the Whistler Village Gondola and Blackcomb Gondola when you purchase a sightseeing ticket, which also gives access to the incredible PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola, a Whistler must-do.
The other mountains around Whistler are home to hiking trails of varying lengths and ability levels, making Whistler the perfect place to stay while you explore the Coast Mountains on foot. Visit spectacular waterfalls and ancient forests on short, half-day excursions or take on longer, multi-day treks through glaciated valleys.
- A chance to view Whistler’s famous black bears and cubs in their natural habitat – don’t forget the camera!
- Learn about Whistlers flora and fauna from experienced guides and researchers.
- Travel in comfort in a 4×4 vehicle to bear viewing areas, feeding sites, daybeds and dens.
- Fly through the forest on an exhilarating high wire adventure – no experience required!
- Glide over spectacular creeks and through majestic old-growth trees on a guided tour.
- Learn about Whistler’s ecology and wildlife and laugh out loud with the whole family.
- Feel free as a bird with high-quality safety systems and expert supervision.
- Explore the forest through a network of bridges, boardwalks and platforms suspended in the trees.
- Conquer tightropes, planks, swinging logs, ziplines, cargo nets and ladders on the Aerial Obstacle Course.
- A fun adventure for all ages.
- Get out and see the mountains from a quad bike on an exhilarating all-terrain tour.
- Access the backcountry, ride up Whistler or Blackcomb Mountain, or rip along old logging roads.
- A thrilling adventure for groups, couples and solo visitors.
- No experience necessary – tours available for all ability levels.
- Beginner angler or seasoned pro, Whistler has fishing experiences all year round.
- Travel with knowledgeable guides to local rivers, remote alpine lakes and hidden fishing holes.
- Fly-fish or spin cast for Rainbow trout, Dolly Varden, char or salmon.
- Fly deep into the pristine and rugged landscape of the Coast Mountains.
- Fly over knife-sharp peaks, ancient glaciers, hidden lakes and valleys and stunning ice formations.
- Choose from short scenic flights to more adventurous journeys like ice-cave explorations.
- Helicopter tours run year-round and are weather dependent.
- Unique to British Columbia’s coast, floatplane tours are one of Whistler’s most spectacular activities.
- Enjoy a bird’s eye view of the surrounding mountain ranges, glaciers, valleys, rivers and lakes.
- See a glacier close-up or enjoy a picnic lunch on a crystal clear alpine lake.
- Join local, knowledgeable guides on a journey to Whistler’s most picturesque locations.
- Visit Olympic venues, historic sites and hidden shopping districts around Whistler.
- Tours include full commentary and countless photo opportunities.
Imagine sliding down the world’s fastest ice track in a bobsleigh, or getting ski tips from an Olympic skier on the site of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. Perhaps you prefer to explore Whistler’s Olympic Legacies at your own pace with a self-guided tour. No matter what your preference, the spirit of The Games lives on in Whistler. The bobsled track is open year-round.
- An unforgettable luxury driving experience – feel the rush of driving your dream car.
- Take in the unparalleled beauty of the Coast Mountains as you drive an exotic car.
- Tours are available to/from Vancouver, Whistler and Squamish with several driving experiences to choose from.